Is Your Ruidoso Office Making You Sick? It Could Be Your Carpets Fault! Commercial Carpet Cleaning
Does it seem like every day another employee is out sick?
It could be your carpet!
Your carpet acts as a filter for your indoor environment; and just like any other filter it needs to be either changed or cleaned. Even if your carpet looks clean it still holds dirt, pollen, dead skin, mites and their feces. This could be the reason the sniffles and sneezes have contagiously travelled thru all your employees including yourself.
What Lurks In Your Carpet May Not be Healthy!
Fact 1: The EPA ranks indoor Ail Pollution among the top five environmental risk to human health. Harmful bacteria, Fungus, chemicals, germs, pollens, smoke, oils and toxic air are filtered through your carpet. EPA studies show pollutants may be up to 70 times higher indoors, creating a greater risk indoors than outdoors.
Fact 2: Dust mites are the major cause of allergies in over 22 million households in the US. If you have asthma, allergies, emphysema, or breathing difficulties, one source of your problem could be living in your carpet.
Fact 3: Dirt is abrasive and it’s scratching and dulling your carpet. Each day i pull pounds and pounds of sand soil out of the base of my clients’ carpet. You would be amazed at the amount of debris and contaminants we remove from clean “looking” carpets.
Fact 4: Regular cleaning prevents permant damage. Soils bond with the fibers causing color change and permanent soil attachment. Having your carpets cleaned as little as possible is one of the industries most common misconceptions.
The Carpet in Your Store or Office Environment Serves a Number of Purposes.
- It enhances the aesthetics of your environment
- It reduces the noise level within your environment
- It is “warm” under your feet
- And, one of the least understood purpose of carpet is its ability to filter the pollutants out of the air and hold them in the carpet until it is vacuumed and or cleaned. This ability allows the carpet to assist in keeping the air that your employees and customers breathe – as clean as it can be.
What does that mean to you?
- Everyone on your team will appreciate the cleaner environment. Studies have shown that there is less employee absenteeism caused by poor indoor air quality when carpeting and furnishings are regularly maintained.
- Everyone will have a good first impression of your environment.